About the University Department of Professional Studies
The University Department of Professional Studies is one of the youngest constituent parts of the University of Split.
The Department was created in 2003 by annexation of the former University of Practical Studies to the University of Split. It is the only constituent part of the University that conducts professional programmes and specialist graduate professional programmes.
The University Department has a distinct organizational scheme with the Departments of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Accounting and Finance and Business Trade running six appropriate professional programmes in duration of three years with allocated 180 ECTS credits.
The study programmes are as follows:
- the professional study programmes in Economic: Finance and Accounting and Trade and Tourism Management;
- the professional study programmes in Electronics and Electrical Power Engineering: Electrical Engineering and Electronics;
- the professional study programme in Information Technology: Information Technology;
- the professional study programme in Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical Engineering.
Since the academic year 2010/2011 the Department offers graduate specialist professional study programmes in duration of two years with allocated 120 ECTS credits.
- Specialist Graduate Professional Study Programme in Electrical Engineering
- Specialist Graduate Professional Study Programme in Information Technology
- Specialist Graduate Professional Study Programme in Mechanical Engineering
- Specialist graduate professional study of Finance and Accounting and
- Specialist graduate professional study of Trade and Tourism Management.
Units of Informatics, Foreign Languages, Mathematics and Physics, Law and Ethics run general courses for all the Department’s study programmes. This enables the provisioning of the three essential values of a future professional: a good knowledge of the profession, knowledge of foreign languages and the necessary IT training.
Innovation of the curriculum follows the latest professional achievements and trends in contemporary professional education in Europe.
The mission of the Department is to develop such higher educational institution which contributes with the excellent quality of its teaching and scientific work to the recognition of the professional higher education and produces experts who have the knowledge and skills to respond to modern business challenges.